The process by which a student may appeal a grade received in a course at Franklin English Language College is as follows:
Procedure for Grade Appeal:
- If a student is dissatisfied with a grade received and can provide evidence that a higher grade is warranted he/she should discuss with his/her instructor. The instructor will reconsider the grade and, if warranted, assign a different grade.
- If the student is not satisfied with the outcome of his/her appeal to the instructor, he/she should submit a written appeal to the Senior Educational Administrator.
- The Senior Educational Administrator will obtain a copy of the assignment/test in question from the instructor and will have another instructor re-assess the test.
- If the student achieves a higher grade on re-assessment, the higher grade will be assigned to the student. If the student achieves a lower grade on re-assessment, the original grade will be retained.
- The grade will be considered final and cannot be appealed.
- The decisions on the grade appeal will be provided to students within 30 school days of FELC’s receipt of the written appeal.